Do you love photographing scenic places like Door County? Would you like to improve your photography? Join us on our Door County photography workshop!
October 17th-20th, 2017
Some of the most scenic places in Wisconsin are in Door County. Enjoy a four-day retreat photographing this beautiful place on the shores of Lake Michigan. This digital photography workshop is geared toward nature landscape photography as well as capturing charming Door County lighthouses and communities.
My fellow Wisconsin nature photographer Mike Murray of North Sand Photography is the co-leader of this workshop. With two of us, there is lots of one-on-one time with each student.
Our Door County photography workshop is more about a creative approach to photography and not overly technical. It is suited for anyone from beginners to serious amateurs. Some moderate hiking is involved in this workshop.
The comfy Landmark Resort is our centrally located home base in scenic Egg Harbor. The Landmark offers many amenities, including an on-site restaurant and luxuries like pools and spas. Most rooms have a kitchen and fridge, perfect for an on-the-go photographer’s schedule.
Each day we explore the photographic opportunities of Door County. When we are back at the Landmark Resort we spend time talking about your photos in a fun and educational photo review. The review is a great exchange of ideas and a time to learn from each other.
About our Workshops
- Our Door County photography workshop is learning by doing, the best way to learn photography.
- With small groups and two workshop leaders, there is close one-on-one individual interaction for all your questions.
- Small group sizes also ensures a peaceful nature experience for everyone.
- No overly technical photographic knowledge is required. Our approach to photography is more about the creative process and does not focus on the technical details of cameras or on software gimmicks. This simple approach makes these workshops especially suited for beginners and dedicated amateurs.
See some more photos from our latest workshop in Door County.
A Florida adventure; the Everglades Photography Workshop.
Are you interested in some one-on-one individual photography tutoring?
Try something different with a pinhole photography workshop?
Next Workshop-Fall 2017
-Limited to 12 students
Sign up for my email list for updates on future Door County workshops and other news
Door County Photography Workshop Details
- A DSLR or a quality digital camera with manual settings and a tripod is recommended for the workshops.
- A deposit holds your seat in the workshop and is fully refundable up to two months before the start of the workshop.
- The remainder of the balance is due one month before the start of the workshop.
- The Door County photography workshop requires a minimum number of students or it will be cancelled; a full refund will be given. It is recommended to wait to purchase airfare or non-refundable hotel rooms until the minimum number of students has been reached. Notification will be sent once a workshop has filled the minimum requirement.
- Transportation is not included, but we do encourage car pooling so as few people need to drive as possible to the locations.
- The Door County workshop does not include lodging. We encourage students to make reservations and stay at the Landmark, but we can suggest other nearby lodging options for a range of budgets.